Here's a copy of the study guide for the Final Exam in case you lost your hard copy.
Read textbook pp. 841-844. Answer the following questions on loose leaf paper in complete sentences:
1) Vocabulary Builder: Find two words in the reading that you don't know. Look up each word in the dictionary. For each, write out the word, the definition, and a sentence that uses the word. Choose regular words, not social studies key terms that are boldfaced in the text.
2) Make a 3-column chart entitled "Causes of WWI - 3 Isms" with column headings Imperialism, Nationalism, and Militarism. Take notes into the chart.
3) Why did Kaiser Wilhelm force Otto von Bismarck to resign? How did the two men's foreign policies differ?
4) What were the names of the two rival alliances that had formed by 1907? Name the members of each alliance.
5) Why were the Balkans nicknamed 'the powder keg' of Europe? How was the Ottoman Empire involved this?
6) Describe the tensions that developed between Austria-Hungary and Serbia. How was Russia involved?
7) What happened on June 28, 1914? How did Austria-Hungary respond? How did this response lead to war?
8) In your opinion, which of the following played the greatest role in leading to the outbreak of war: imperialism, nationalism, militarism, or alliances?
9) Opinion: Do you think World War I was avoidable, or inevitable (unavoidable)? Use information from the text to support your answer in a paragraph of at least 5 sentences. HONORS: 2 PARAGRAPHS
Monday 1/9 - Last Day to Make Up DBQ Documents
Tuesday, 1/10 - Last Day to Make Up Unit Test #4; DBQ Essay on Imperialism
Friday, 1/13 - Notes Check. I will be checking Notes 3.4-3.7 and 4.1-4.7.
Wednesday, 1/18 - Global 3 Final Exam
Monday, 1/23 - Last Class of Fall Semester
To complete the Waka Poetry Contest survey, you will need to log into your RKA Google Account.
You can log in with your email, which should be email@example.com, example firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your password is your Student ID#.
The essay question and Essay Planning Worksheet files are posted below. The Worksheet is due Tuesday 1/10.
Here's a link to the documents. You will need to scroll through the multiple choice section of the test to get to the DBQ: http://www.nysedregents.org/globalhistorygeography/Archive/20060124exam.pdf
Complete the Study Guide. Follow all directions. This is a DOUBLE homework assignment due Thursday, Jan. 5.