1) Vocabulary Builder: Find two words in the reading that you don't know. Look up each word in the dictionary. For each, write out the word, the definition, and a sentence that uses the word. Choose regular words, not social studies key terms that are boldfaced in the text.
2) Who were the key leaders at the Paris Peace Conference? Which countries were not represented?
3) Describe the goals of Woodrow Wilson's Fourteen Points.
4) Why were there heated arguments among the leaders of the United States, Britain, and France? Explain their differing priorities.
5) Describe the terms of the Treaty of Versailles. What was the League of Nations? In what ways did the Treaty punish Germany?
6) What new countries were formed by the Treaty? Which countries lost land?
7) Why did the United States reject the Treaty of Versailles? Were they right to do so? Why or why not?
8) Create a chart entitled 'Reactions to the Treaty'. Include columns for: Germany; Africa & Asia; and Japan & Italy. Take notes into the chart.
9) Opinion: Was the Treaty of Versailles fair? Consider of all of the nations affected. Write a paragraph (at least 5 sentences) that explains your answer.