Answer all questions in complete sentences on loose leaf paper. Due Tuesday, Feb. 28.
Here are some materials we used in class that may help you prepare for Friday's test.
I'm posting this early in case you want to get started. I'll give you a hard copy tomorrow in class. DOUBLE HOMEWORK, Due Friday.
Read pp. 867-873. Answer all questions in complete sentences on loose leaf paper. Due Tuesday, 2/14
1) Vocabulary Builder: Find two words in the reading that you don't know. Look up each word in the dictionary. For each, write out the word, the definition, and a sentence that uses the word. Choose regular words, not key terms that are boldfaced in the text.
2) What caused the Revolution of 1905? In your opinion, did it succeed? Explain.
3) How did World War I help to bring about the Russian Revolution? Was it Czar Nicholas II's fault? Why/why not?
4) Who took control as a result of the March Revolution? Why did this new government fail to gain the support of the people?
5) How did the Bolsheviks take control in Nov. 1917? What changes did they make after taking power?
6) Which two sides fought in the Russian Civil War (1918-1920)? What was the result?
7) Analyze the chart on p. 872. How did Lenin's ideas about communism differ from those of Marx?
8) Describe Lenin's economic and political reforms. Were they successful? Explain.
9) Which two leaders competed for power after 1922? What was Lenin concerned about? Who emerged as the new leader?
10) Making Connections: Look back at your notes from Unit 2. Compare and contrast the French Revolution and the Russian Revolution. You can use any aspects of the two revolutions (ex. causes, events, effects). Make sure you include similarities AND differences, in a paragraph at least 5 sentences long. HONORS: 2 PARAGRAPHS.
It's official - there's no school tomorrow. Your essay exam is postponed until Tuesday, Feb. 14. HW4 [Essay Planning Worksheet] is also postponed until Tuesday, Feb. 14. Please note that HW5 is also due on that day. I will post HW5 momentarily.
That's right, you now have 2 homework assignments due on Tuesday, Feb. 14. Including tonight, you have 6 nights to complete these 2 assignments. HW5 would have been due next Tuesday either way, so you are now being given more time to complete the 2 assignments together due to the snow day.
Enjoy the day off! See you Friday.
If there is no school tomorrow, Friday's essay exam will be postponed so that we have some time to prep together in class. If school is in session tomorrow, essay prep will take place in class tomorrow as scheduled, and the exam will take place in class on Friday as scheduled.
Note: You should continue to work on HW4 - Essay Planning Worksheet assuming it will be due on Friday, because if the essay is postponed, there will be another homework assignment due early next week!
Complete the Essay Planning Worksheet. Due Tuesday. HELPFUL CLASSWORK SHEET ATTACHED!